Information in this article will show you how you can copy and paste anything on a dell laptop. This information can be applied to all windows version.
The copy and paste method are widely known and can be used on both computers and smartphones.
On your dell laptop, there are three major key combinations to have in mind when you want to cut, copy, and paste on Dell laptop. They are:
- Copy: Ctrl+C
- Paste: Ctrl+V
- Cut: Ctrl+X
With thata said, you can check out this guide if you have troubles connecting Airpods to Dell laptop.
What is Copy and Paste?
Copy and paste are commands on your dell laptop user interface and are one method of transferring data from one location to another.
Copy and paste enable simple data replication.
This simply mean you can duplicate any file on your dell laptop without losing the original file
Anytime you copy anything, it is saved to your clipboard on your dell laptop.
What is Cut and Paste?
The cut and paste are commands on your dell laptop which moves files from one location to another.
Cut and paste enables you to move files easily.
This simply means anytime you move a file, that file automatically leaves that location to the location you are pasting to
What is a Clipboard?
A clipboard is a special location in your dell laptop memory that temporarily stores cut or copied files from a document.
Once you copy or cut any file, it is stored in the clipboard, which can then be pasted to a new location.
The clipboard keeps the information you copied or cut until you cut or copy something else, or log out of the computer.
What Can You Copy and Paste on Dell Laptop?
You can copy and paste literally almost anything on your dell computer.
here’s a list of common things you can copy and paste on your dell laptop
There are other things you can copy and paste on your computer but the list above or the important things you should be aware of.
Tools for Cutting, Copying and Pasting
There two tools you can use to copy on your dell laptop
How to Copy and Paste on Dell Laptop
You can either use you mouse/trackpad or keyboard combinations.
Let’s start with using your mouse/trackpad
- Highlight the text you want to copy buy left-clicking with your mouse or trackpad on that text and begin to drag your mouse to the end of the text you want to copy. The text will be highlighted in blue. If you want to copy an image, you simply make sure the arrow is directly on the image you want to copy
- Now right-click on that image or highlighted text
- Among the list of options, select copy (select save image as or copy image). That text will be saved to your clipboard.
- Now go to the location you want to paste the text or image and right-click on that location and select paste among the options.
Input the following command on your keyboard:
- Copy: Ctrl + C
- Paste: Ctrl + V
- Cut: Ctrl + X
Copy [Ctrl + C]
Paste [Ctrl + V]
Cut [Ctrl + C]
How to Copy and Paste Pictures on Dell Laptop
1. Right-Click on the picture you want to copy.
2. Click on copy among the options.
3. Right-click on the location you want to paste your picture.
4. Select paste among the options.
How to Access Clipboard History
Anytime you copy or cut any text, it is saved in your clipboard history. Your clipboard history will show you everything you have copied from way back.
This feature enables you to find old copied content
Here’s how to access your keyboard history
Press and hold the windows logo key + V to show you your clipboard history