If you’re using an MSI laptop, there are a couple of ways to access the BIOS. In this post, we’ll show you how to do it both ways.
Whether you’re looking to make changes to your boot order or just want to take a look at some basic system information, accessing BIOS can be a helpful way to do it.
Let’s get started!
What Is The MSI Bios Key?
The MSI Bios Key is the Delete key and it is used to access the BIOS of your MSI laptops. It is typically located on the right side of the keyboard, near the enter key.
Pressing the MSI Bios Key (Delete key) repeatedly while turning on the laptop will cause the BIOS menu to appear. From there, you can navigate the BIOS and make changes to the laptop’s settings.
In a situation that your MSI computer won’t turn on, you should take advantage of our troubleshooting method we have provided on our website.
Make sure that your touchpad isn’t disabled and your keyboard is unlocked so that you will be able to fully navigate inside your BIOS settings.
If your keyboard is unlocked and working with your BIOS, you can also change the backlit color to illuminate more clearly so you can see what you are working with.
How To Enter Bios on MSI Laptop
1. To enter BIOS on MSI laptops, you need to continuously tap the “Delete” key when the computer is booting up.
2. Once you are in BIOS, you can navigate the menus using your keyboard and make changes to the various settings.
3. Save your changes and exit BIOS when you are finished.
You have the option to navigate with your touchpad or keyboard when you gained access into your BIOS settings, but if your touchpad isn’t working, you should just stick to your keyboard instead.
Can’t Enter Bios On MSI Laptop
If you can’t enter the BIOS on your MSI laptop, it’s likely because of one of two reasons. Either your computer is not set to boot from the correct device, or the BIOS settings have been reset.
To check if your computer is set to boot from the correct device, look for a boot menu option in the BIOS settings. This will usually be located under the “Boot” tab. If you see an option for “Boot Device Priority”, make sure that the first priority is set to your hard drive.
If the boot device priority is set correctly and you still can’t enter the BIOS, it’s likely that the BIOS settings have been reset. To fix this, you’ll need to enter the BIOS setup utility and restore the default settings.
To do this, press the “Delete” key when your computer first starts up. This will take you to the BIOS setup utility. Once there, use the arrow keys to navigate to the “Restore Defaults” option and press Enter. This will reset all of the BIOS settings back to their factory defaults.
Also, make sure your device is well charged before you proceeds this steps, but in a situation whereby it’s not charging despite being plugged in, you should check out several troubleshooting tips we have provided on our website.
One of the best way to identify that you may have charging issues on your MSI laptop is when you begin to notice that your battery light is blinking red or amber.
Once you’ve done this, you should be able to enter the BIOS on your MSI laptop without any problems.
MSI Bios Boot From USB
If you’re looking to boot from a USB on your MSI laptop, Rufus is the recommended utility to use.
Rufus can create a bootable USB from either an ISO or a disc image, and it’s also capable of formatting the USB drive as NTFS or FAT32.
Create A Bootable USB With Rufus
To get started, download Rufus and launch it. Then, insert your USB drive into the computer and select it in the “Device” drop-down menu.
Next, click on the “Select” button next to the “Boot selection” option and choose the ISO or disc image that you want to use.
Once you’ve selected the file, make sure that the “Create a bootable disk using” option is set to “ISO Image” or “Disc Image”, and then click on the “Start” button. Rufus will now create the bootable USB for you.
Once the process is complete, you should be able to boot from the USB drive by choosing the “Boot from USB” option in the BIOS.
How To Boot From USB On MSI Laptop
There are a few different ways that you can boot from a USB drive on an MSI laptop. One way is to modify the BIOS settings to allow for USB booting. Another way is to use the MSI Control Center software to create a bootable USB drive.
To modify the BIOS settings, first enter into the BIOS menu by pressing the DELETE key during startup. Once in the BIOS menu, navigate to the “Boot” tab and look for an option to enable USB booting. Save your changes and exit the BIOS menu.
Now, insert your USB drive into one of the laptop’s USB ports and restart the computer. The computer should now boot from the USB drive. If it does not, you may need to go back into the BIOS and change the boot order so that the USB drive is listed before the hard drive.
Create Bootable USB Using MSI Control Center
To use MSI Control Center to create a bootable USB drive, first download and install the software from the MSI website.
Once installed, launch the program and click on the “Create Bootable USB Drive” option. Follow the prompts to select your USB drive and choose the operating system you want to install.
The software will then create a bootable USB drive that you can use to install your chosen operating system.
Once you have created a bootable USB drive, insert it into the USB port on your MSI laptop and restart the computer. The computer should now boot from the USB drive and you can proceed with installing your chosen operating system.
How To Update Bios On MSI Laptop
If you own an MSI laptop, you might need to update its BIOS from time to time. Like any other laptop manufacturers, MSI also releases new BIOS updates for its laptops on a regular basis.
Some of these updates might be critical, so it is always a good idea to check for new BIOS updates and install them if necessary. Here is a short guide on how to update the BIOS on your MSI laptop:
1. First of all, you will need to download the latest BIOS update for your MSI laptop from the official MSI website. Make sure that you choose the correct BIOS update for your specific model of MSI laptop.
2. Once you have downloaded the BIOS update, you will need to unzip it.
3. After that, you will need to copy the BIOS update file to a USB flash drive. Make sure that the USB flash drive is formatted as FAT32.
4. Now, you will need to restart your MSI laptop and enter the BIOS setup utility. To do that, you will need to press a certain key or combination of keys during the boot process. The key or keys that you need to press are usually mentioned on the screen during the boot process. If you can’t see anything, you can try pressing the DELETE or F2 key.
5. Once you are in the BIOS setup utility, navigate to the “Boot” tab and enable the “Boot Menu” option.
6. After that, save the changes and exit the BIOS setup utility.
7. Now, you will need to insert the USB flash drive into one of the USB ports on your MSI laptop.
8. After that, you will need to restart your MSI laptop and enter the boot menu. To do that, you will need to press a certain key or combination of keys during the boot process. The key or keys that you need to press are usually mentioned on the screen during the boot process. If you can’t see anything, you can try pressing the F12 key.
9. In the boot menu, select the “USB Storage Device” option and press Enter.
10. After that, your MSI laptop will boot from the USB flash drive and start the BIOS update process.
11. Once the BIOS update process is complete, your MSI laptop will restart automatically.
12. That’s it! Your MSI laptop’s BIOS has been successfully updated.