In this article, you will learn the easiest way on how to screenshot on MSI laptop or desktop. This will include showing you different methods of both free and premium tools you can use to take a screenshot successfully on your MSI laptop.
You don’t have to worry about the version of Windows you are using because the information that will be used in this article will provide methods for Windows 11, 10, 8, and 7.
Screenshotting on your MSI computer is very easy and it doesn’t take a tech guru to figure it out.
I’ll show you soon but first, what exactly is a screenshot and what is it used for?
What Is Screenshot On MSI Laptop?
Taking a screenshot on pc is way of capturing everything that is displayed on a computer screen and saved as a picture format.
This is also a way of saving images that you are unable to save directly on your computer.
If you need just a small piece of image from the screenshotted image, you can simply crop the image with common Windows 11, 10 tools like:
Screenshot Button On MSI Laptop
The screenshot button on MSI laptop is the PrtScr button. In most cases it is accompanied with the fn key if pressing it alone doesn’t do anything.
To screenshot on your MSI laptop, all you need to do is to press the PrtScr key at the top of your keyboard and then launch Paint application to paste the screenshot with Crtl + V.
Since you have already pressed the PrtScr key to screenshot your image, the image is saved directly to your clipboard so that you can paste it within your desired location.
You don’t necessarily have to paste it inside Paint software, but you can simply paste it inside any folder.
Although, the advantage of pasting your screenshotted image in Paint software is that you have the option to edit the image first before you can export the finished image.
Clearly, we can see that one is more flexible than the other and your decision should be based on what you are trying to achieve.
If you are having issues with the screenshot button not working, all you need to do is to press the PrtScr key along with the fn key, i.e., hold down FN + PrtScr key to screenshot and then paste is to your desired location.
Applications To Screenshot on MSI Laptop
There are different software apllications to take screenshot on MSI laptop but, too keep things short, i’m going to be sharing the best for applications.
These are the Applications:
- Print Screen Key
- Snipping tool
- Snip and sketch
- Snag it
- MSI Afterburner Screenshot
1. Print Screen Key
This is a free tool only included inside Windows 11, 10 which will involve you pressing a simple combination of keys on your keyboard to take a screenshot.
Using the print screen key to take a screenshot on your computer will capture only your entire screen and save it to a specific location. The disadvantage of this is that it cannot let you capture specific areas on your computer screen.
You are only limited to taking a screenshot of just your entire screen.
2. Snipping Tool
This is also a free tool that is available on Windows 11, 10, 8, and 7 which enables you to capture your entire screen, capture any given Windows and capture any specific areas of your choice on your computer screen.
It doesn’t just stop there, you also get the option of exporting the image you screenshotted or captured to Paint program to edit further.
3. Snip and Sketch
This is another free tool that is available for Windows 11, 10 alone and will be replacing the snipping tool program later in a future update.
Snip and sketch can do everything the snipping tool would do and also comes with few improvements.
The improved feature gives you the option to set a three (3) and ten (10) seconds countdown before it takes a screenshot of your MSI computer screen.
This is a paid powerful tool that is available on all versions of Windows and can do more than just taking a screenshot of your entire screen or any selected area of your screen.
With Snagit, you can create how-to documents, informal Videos demonstrating a process, and professional-looking graphics to enhance presentations.
Snagit comes with cool features that enables you to create Videos from a series of your own images. It also provides templates to create visual documentation, tutorials, and training materials.
Make sure your MSI laptop is plugged in and charging correctly because this program may be heavy on your battery depending on your battery strength.
A good way to know if you have a healthy battery is when you don’t go through issues like blinking battery red light.
Now that you have an idea of all these methods, let’s get into how to use them to capture your screen.
5. MSI Afterburner Screenshot
Graphics is a delicate component of the laptop system. It plays a vital role in taking a screenshot as it’s where processing and storage take place.
Co-produced by RivaTuner, MSI afterburner aids the graphics card to function well. Apart from also monitoring data, it aids the device to effectively take screenshots without much ado.
If ou don’t have afterburner on your computer, you should restart it, and if it won’t turn on when it shuts down, you can fix it with the article provided.
How To Take a Screenshot On MSI Laptop
Screenshotting on MSI laptop is easy and straightforward which can be achieved in four primary ways.
Ways to screenshot on MSI laptop:
- Print Screen Key.
- Snipping Tool.
- Snip & Sketch.
1. Print Screen Key
Note – This method works for Windows 11, 10, 8, and 7. Also, it will screenshot or capture only your entire screen and will screenshot or capture only your entire screen.
Here’s how to take a screenshot with the print screen key on your MSI laptop or desktop,
1. Press the following key combinations on your keyboard to screenshot your whole screen.
Windows Key + PrtScr
2. To view your screenshot, open
file explorer by pressing the Windows key + E.
3. Click on pictures. you will find your screenshotted image is saved to a folder named screenshots.
The Print screen key is very help which enables you to make use of your keyboard and also gives you the option to change the keyboard color on your MSI laptop if you are interested in that.
2. Snipping Tool
Note – This method will work for Windows 11, 10, 8, and 7. With it, you will be able to screenshot your entire screen and also capture any selected area you want.
Here’s how to screenshot with snipping tool on your MSI computer
1. Search for snipping tool in Windows search.
2. Click on snipping tool among the results.
3. Inside snipping tool, click on mode to select the kind of snip you want. You will find four types of snip:
- Free-form snip – This enables you to use a free hand movement to capture whatever you want on your screen.
- Rectangular snip – This enables you to capture anywhere on your screen in a rectangular form. it is the most common snip used.
- Windows snip – This lets you capture any Window that is opened by using your mouse select.
- Full-screen snip – This enables you to capture your entire screen.
4. After selecting the snip you want, click on new. I will select the rectangular snip for the sake of this article.
5. Now, drag the mouse cursor across your desired area for capture then release you hand.
6. Click on the save icon to save your image in you desired location.
7. If you need to tweak the image you just captured, click on the balloon icon to export to paint.
8. Inside Paint, you will be given different sets of tools that will help you tweak your image. When you are done, click on menu then select save.
3. Snip & Sketch
Note – This method is available for only Windows 11, 10 and with it, you will be able to screenshot your entire screen and also capture any selected area you want.
Here’s how to capture your screen with snip and sketch on your computer,
1. Press the following key combination on your keyboard to open snip & sketch.
Windows key + Shift + S
2. Just like the snipping tool, you will be given four types of snips:
- Free-form snip – Freehand movement to capture whatever you want on your computer screen.
- Rectangular snip – Capture anywhere on your screen in a rectangular form
- Windows snip – Capture any Window that is opened.
- Full-screen snip – To capture your entire screen.
3. Select the rectangular snip.
4. Drag the cursor across your desired area on your MSI laptop screen then release your hand.
5. Immediately you release your hand, you will get a pop up by your right-hand bottom corner. Click on that pop-up to preview your captured image.
6. Click on the save icon button to save the captured image file to your desired location.
Note – This is a paid tool that is available for Windows 11, 10, 8, and 7. With it, you can basically do everything the free features can do faster and easier. You will be getting features like creating how-to documents, informal videos demonstrating a process, and professional-looking graphics to enhance presentations.
Here’s how to use Snagit.
1. Download Snagit and install it on your MSI computer.
2. Launch the Snagit program.
3. By default, it will be selected to all-in-one, click on capture.
4. Move your mouse over any opened Windows to capture or you can simply click and drag over any area you want on your MSI computer screen.
5. Once you release your hand, you will get a pop up showing you three main options (The blue sections).
- Capture an image – To simply capture that image as you took it.
- Record a video – To create a video or gif with the captured section.
- Launch a panoramic capture – To capture more image information while scrolling.
6. For the sake of this article, I will select capture an image.
7. Now your image will be exported to Snagit editor. Here you have a plethora of options to tweak your captured image or save it as it is.
9. To save, click on share, and select your desired location.
Taking screenshots on MSI laptops may become necessary if the situation calls for it. Some of the reasons for doing so are as follows:
- Saving Images.
- Saving Ideas.
- It’s Fast.
- For Clarity In Explanation.
1. Saving Images:
Saving images is one of the reasons many people take screenshots because they are a common type of information carrier on the internet.
Most businesses and service providers use images to promote their products or educate people on ideas and concepts related to a particular service. And most of them do this by displaying this information as ads, content, banners, design cards, web photos, etc.
As a result, because the human mind can be skeptical at times, it is critical to screen and saves relevant data in image form as it appears. The screenshot function can perform this task quickly, easily, and conveniently.
2. Saving Ideas
Many people believe that ideas are invaluable sources of information. They abound on the internet, as all information displayed on search engines results from someone’s imagination.
While surfing, you can use the screenshot function to save important and relevant ideas. This information will be held in the device’s memory for later retrieval and use.
3. It’s Fast
Taking a screenshot is one of the quickest tasks a laptop system can perform. It only takes 1-4 seconds to complete, so it is not time-consuming.
As a result, it stands out among other storage functions. It would be best to learn to take screenshots now to save time, given its speed and pace.
4. For Clarity in Explanation
While reading information on your device while surfing the web is beneficial, the clarity of the data is best obtained when one’s mind is relaxed.
Most people use the internet for various reasons, and they hope to accomplish these goals by the end of their browsing session. While working on one task, important information may come to light along the way.
They may feel compelled to save it and continue what they were doing. Screenshotting allows them to keep the information, finish what they were doing, and return to the content later – but this time with a more focused and attentive mindset.
Can You Screenshot on MSI Laptop?
Yes, it is possible to take a screenshot on MSI laptop just like how you can take a screenshot on a mobile phone.
Every MSI laptop is a Windows laptop and all Windows laptop regardless of the brand is capable of taking screenshot.
So, if you are worried about not being able to take screenshot on your MSI laptop, you don’t have to be.
Screenshotting on MSI laptop is very much possible and convenient if you decide to implement it on your own computer.
How Do I Take A Screenshot On My MSI Laptop?
For a quicker way to screenshot on your MSI laptop, this is what you must do:
Press the PrtScr button once to take a quick screenshot on your laptop and then head over to either Paint software or your destined folder to paste the screenshot.
Pasting the screenshot on paint will be at a more advantage to you because you will be able to adjust or crop the image before you save the image on your MSI laptop.
But pasting the screenshot in your destined folder will simple paste exactly what you screenshotted with being able to edit it.
What Is The Screenshot Button On MSI Laptop?
The screenshot button on MSI laptop is the PrtScr key located at the top of the keyboard. Pressing the PrtScr key should immediately trigger the screenshot process where you simply have to go and paste it in your desired folder.
The prt screen button can also be clicked along with the fn key just if you are facing a situation where pressing the PrtScr key alone isn’t doing anything.
All you need to do to resolve that is to hold down the FN key first with your left hand and the pressing the PrtScr button with your right hand to take a screenshot on your MSI laptop.
Take note that the FN key is different from the MSI boot menu key so you don’t get confused.
After taking the screenshot, paste it into any folder of your choice.
Out of the four ways on how to take a screenshot on MSI laptop, I recommend you get Snagit because it basically can do everything the other methods can. It’s a cheap program that makes your work fast and easy.
The free methods are also great but very limited. You can consider using it only you just need to screengrab an image but if you know you would need to tweak your images, get the Snagit program.