Today, I will show you how to stop Avast Browser from opening on startup on your computer.
I understand how annoying it can be when you turn on your computer and the first thing you realize is that Avast has already launched its browser without your permission.
This situation can be really frustrating when you have important things to do on your computer.
You shouldn’t have to worry about that anymore because I have some simple solutions to help you stop Avast Browser from opening on startup.
Before I jump into these simple solutions, let me reveal to you what is causing this problem why Avast opens on startup automatically in the first place.
Last update on 2023-03-24 / As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Avast Secure Browser
Avast Secure Browser is an internet browser similar to chrome that focuses more on your privacy and security.
With that said, this application is the primary reason why Avast Browser launches on startup automatically.
Within its settings, an option is enabled to automatically startup Avast Browser anytime you turn on your computer.
Reasons Why Avast Browser Opens on Startup
Avast Startup is Enabled in Task Manager
When programs or applications are installed on a computer, they are always automatically enabled for startup inside the task manager setting.
Suppose you fail to change the settings from task manager after installing a program. In that case, that program will always launch itself automatically anytime you turn on your computer.
In this situation, Avast Secure Browser is the culprit, and its startup settings need to be changed.
Avast Startup is Enabled in Its Browser
Many people think because they are having issues with Avast automatically means the Avast Antivirus is the cause of the problem.
I am here to tell you that it’s not true.
The leading cause of Avast Browser opening on startup is the Avast Secure Browser application.
This application is entirely different from the Avast antivirus.
Within Avast Secure Browser, there’s already a default setting to launch Avast Browser on startup.
This setting has to be disabled to stop Avast Secure Browser from launching itself.
Solutions to Stop Avast Browser from Opening on Startup
1. Disable Avast Secure Browser Startup in Task Manager
1. Input the following keys on your keyboard to launch task manager:
Ctrl + Shift + Esc
2. Click on more details to reveal more options.
3. navigate to the startup tab.
4. Select Avast Secure Browser among the list of programs.
5. Click on Disable.
2. Disable Avast Startup in Avast Secure Browser
1. Search for Avast Secure Browser in windows search.
2. Click on Avast Secure Browser among the result.
3. Inside Avast Browser, click on the three-dotted icon by your top right-hand corner.
4. Select settings among the option.
5. Scroll down to the On startup section.
6. Disable both options in the On startup section.
3. Uninstall Avast Secure Browser
1. Search for control panel in windows search.
2. Click on control panel among the results.
3. Inside Control panel, change view by to small icons.
4. Click on Programs and features.
5. Look for Avast Secure Browser among the list and select it.
6. Click on Uninstall located at the top.
Suppose this method doesn’t help you uninstall Avast Secure Browser. In that case, you should try this other method to help you force uninstall programs that won’t uninstall.
4. Clear Cache Files from Your Computer
After trying all the methods above, and nothing seems to work, you should clear your cache on your computer.
Clearing cache files from your computer can help you fix some complex problems your computer has, and in addition to that, it would help you create more storage on your hard drive.
Click on this guide to help clear cache files from your computer.
Should i Keep Using Avast Secure Browser?
Is Avast Secure Browser actually safe?
How do I stop Avast browser from opening on startup?
2. Click on Options.
3. Click on settings among the options.
4. Scroll down and disable everything in the on-startup section.
How can i Uninstall Avast Secure Browser?
2. Click on add or remove programs among the search result.
3. Scroll down and look for Avast Secure Browser.
4. Select Avast Secure Browser and click on Uninstall.