Turning your screen sideways should be something you should try because windows 10 simply has that feature.
Yes, I know how it sounds but hear me out, changing the orientation of your screen can come in handy depending on what you want to use it for.
Since you are still here, I will show you how to rotate or flip your screen from the standard display orientation to other forms of orientation.
There so much things windows 10 can offer to improve and enhance your productivity.
Either you are using a Chromebook, hp laptop or dell laptop, this article will provide the information you seek.
Here are what you can change your display orientation to:
- You can flip your screen upside down.
- Rotate the screen 90° to the right.
- Rotate the screen 90° to the left.
There are 3 methods to turn screen sideways on windows.
- Keyboard Shortcut
- Display Settings
- Graphic card control panel
This methods can be applied to windows 10, 8 and 7.
Methods to Turn Screen Sideways
Follow my instructions correctly
1. Keyboard Shortcut
Every computer has an Intel graphics adapter that can enable its users to use its keyboard shortcuts to rotate or flip their computer screen.
Now, follow these instructions correctly to help you turn your computer screen sideways.
To flip the screen upside down:
Ctrl + Alt + Arrow down key
To rotate the screen 90° to the right:
Ctrl + Alt + Arrow right key
To rotate the screen 90° to the left:
Ctrl + Alt + Arrow left key
To return the screen to the standard orientation:
Ctrl + Alt + Arrow up key
If this method doesn’t work for you, then the next method will
2. Display Settings
Through the display settings, you can easily turn your screen to whichever side you want.
Here’s how to do it,
1. Navigate to your windows logo button located at your bottom right-hand corner and search for display settings. You can also access your computer display settings by right-clicking on your desktop and selecting display settings.
2. While in display settings, set your display orientation to Landscape for default standard orientation. You can also explore the other options if that is what you want.
3. Click on apply then select keep changes.
3. Graphics Card Control Panel
Depending on the graphics card your computer is using either Nvidia or AMD. These two graphics cards have a display option where you can turn your screen.
1. Right click on your desktop and select your graphics card
2. Find your way to the display settings
3. While in display settings, set your display orientation to Landscape for default standard orientation. You can also explore the other options if that is what you want.
4. Click on apply then select keep changes.